Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Linen Closet - Organized!

This past weekend, my husband surprised me with just about 10 guests. I wasn't too pleased with that as I like to be told in advance when people will be crashing at my place but there were already in the house and there was nothing I could do. I quickly cleaned the main bathroom which also serves as a guest bathroom. Believe it or not, everything on the countertop got dumped in the linen closet, conveniently located inside the bathroom. That's when the mess there reached an all-time low (I wish I had a picture). So, on the same night, I couldn't help it... I had to organize.

I am a big fan of the Home Depot clear shoe boxes which they sell for less than a dollar! So I took everything out and sorted:

- Make up
- Personal Hygiene
- Dental
- Travel size
- First Aid

I put all the sorted items in clear boxes, rearranged everything on the shelves and voilà! I was done. Some of my own personal items went in the master's bedroom bathroom but the rest can stay in the linen closet. The First Aid Kit is in a small fishing tackle box I bought many years ago at Wal-Mart. I'll do a post some day!

Linen Closet
Now there is still room for improvement. I could put all the Bath & Body Works soaps in a box, same with the shampoos... but for now, it's a bit more organized and it's making me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment