Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Product Review: The Shrunks Inflatable Bed Rail

Since we were redoing my daughter's bedroom and putting her in a twin bed I decided I also needed a bed rail. I'm not a big fan of bed rails (the ugly factor?) but they are a necessary part of life. I spent a long time looking for bedrails and then thought that installing one and then having to uninstall it in a couple of years seemed like a real chore. I am just lazy like that. I also read that standard bed rails don't work on every bed frame. I stumbled upon The Shrunks Inflatable Bed Rail.
The Shrunks Inflatable Bed Rail Review


I thought it would be perfect because I could also take it on trips! I ordered it. It came a few days later in the box. It is super compact and light with a case to put it in together with a foot pump. If you want, you can take it on the plane in case of an unexpected layover.

It took (not quite 30 seconds like it advertises) less than a few minutes to put together and it slipped right under the fitted twin sheet. The foot pump is very quiet which is handy if you are arriving late and would like to put your already sleeping child to bed without waking them up.

Because it is inflatable, it is soft and my daughter likes to rest her head against it (as opposed to an uncomfortable metal bar). So far it has stayed in place, she hasn't fallen off the bed and it's easy to take out and put back in place. My daughter tried to grab onto it and climb over it (which she did successfully by the way) and it still stayed under the twin sheet. I definitely recommend it if you are looking for a practical alternative to a bed rail.

N.B. I wasn't paid to review this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment